If you are developing property, remodeling, or modifying land and/or structures located within the City of Hoover, there are several steps you need to follow:
- Check the zoning designation for the property you wish to develop. Visit our GIS Services site to determine the zoning designation for a specific property, or click here to learn more about property zoning.
- Apply for rezoning or conditional use if the zoning ordinances are not in line with the desired property use. Contact a member of our Business Ambassador Team at email@example.com, or call 205-739-7162.
- Check the sewer & sanitation requirements for your property.
- Apply for the applicable building permit(s).
- Obtain the necessary development bonds that apply to your development.
- As part of the application for a building permit, site plans must be approved.
- Once you have an approved building permit, you may apply for any additional building permits such as electrical, plumbing, mechanical, gas, etc., as required by the project.
- The City of Hoover inspects all construction projects for conformance to applicable building codes.
- Upon completion of construction and when all inspections have been passed, you will receive a final Certificate of Occupancy. This is required to apply for a business license if this is a commercial property.