City Council - Place 7 - Steve McClinton
First Sworn in Date:
November 2, 2020
Steve McClinton invests in Hoover like it’s his job. If there is an organization that mentors Hoover kids, empowers Hoover families, or brings world-class entertainment and international business opportunities to Hoover, Steve is likely a member of it.
In 2020 Steve was elected to Hoover City Council, where he was chosen by his colleagues as the council liaison to the Hoover City school board, due in part to his work as President of the Hoover City Schools Foundation. Steve also sits on the boards of Hoover Helps, a non-profit providing meals to children vulnerable to food insecurity, the Birmingham Children’s Theater, and the Hoover branch of the Birmingham YMCA. For the last several years, Steve has been involved with Destination Hoover International, showcasing the wealth of cultures represented in the city’s population.
Steve and his bride of more than two decades, Stephanie, moved to Hoover in 1998 and raised their three children in Hoover, where they all attended and graduated from Hoover City Schools. After 25 years in the financial industry helping his clients grow their investments and retire comfortably, Steve became the Managing Partner of gainShare Marketing, LLC, a B2B consulting firm.
As a City Councilman, Steve McClinton will continue investing in Hoover through public service in elected office by being a sounding board for the diversity of viewpoints, fighting to ensure the security of the city’s financial future, and further strengthening its schools.
- Board of Zoning Adjustments
- Building Inspections & Code Appeals
- Commerce & Development, Industrial Development, & Chamber of Commerce
- Council Arts Committee
- Education - Chair
- Finance, Administration, Buildings & Property
- Annexation, Planning & Zoning
- Fire Appeals - Vice Chair
- Parks & Recreation, Hoover Met Complex Advisory
- Public Safety - Vice Chair
- Public Works
- Technology & Telecommunication
- Veterans Committee - Liaison
- Beautification & Belles
- Hoover Horizons
- Birmingham - Jefferson County Transit Authority
- Hoover Historical Society
- Courts & Judiciary
- Aldridge Gardens & Hoover Randle House @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>